Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year, New Race, New Challenges

So I've been thumbing through the list of upcoming marathons in the the most recent issue of Runner's World, thinking about my next move...

I want to run a marathon, and while my legs do ache quite a lot, I think I could probably even finish a 26.2 now. Notice I said "finish," not win, even if they have a category for 37 year-old, comic book aficionados, who eat too much ice cream, but I have been thinking about registering for an upcoming marathon. Initially, I was thinking about a marathon in March because it will be in Virginia Beach and we have family who live nearby.

Then I came across a little marathon called The Last Chance for Boston Marathon in Dublin, OH, which is only a six-hour drive from here in River City... and I took the chance and with Anne's help, found a hotel room and signed up. Unfortunately, Anne and her son will be leaving for a few days in Ottawa, Canada (my stepson's school is going on a "field expedition") so I thought that I would bring my son with me.

Now that we have taken the step to sign-up for another marathon, it is definitely time to think through a training regiment that will allow us to finish...

Embrassez votre été invincible!

No comments: