Weather Report: Fog and Windy, 32°F, 69% Humidity, Winds: From W @ 22 mph, gusting to 32 mph; feels like 19°F.As mentioned previously, I've had these beauties since last February, but have not had the chance to even "lace 'em up." Until this afternoon, when I finally put on the Crescent Moon Gold 12 snowshoes. The bindings were very easy to loosen and tighten, making stepping into, and out of, the shoes fairly easy and very simple. When it comes to "running," it definitely does not pay to be a gangly, mildly-chicken-legged novice.
My lack of acumen with the equipment does make me a little cautious about competing tomorrow, and I feel I would be more confident (and competent) if I'd been able to practice more... but, I still think I'll give it a shot letting the chips fall where they may. Who knows, this may be a good time to transition my mindset from a "try to place" to a "have fun and finish with a smile."
Adio, wli nanawalmezi.
2 comments:
It is a go tomorrow, can't wait!
Mort
Watching the weather report for today, I have mixed emotions, but am looking very forward to the physical challenge... I'm sure hoping the course you've planned for this one though is not on a terrain similiar to the side of a mountain ;-)
See you there.
Post a Comment