What a roller coaster of a day (well, come to think of it, that may be a little dramatic)! I woke up this morning way to too early (4:00 a.m.) to both shovel out the driveway and weigh myself. The snow was that beautiful light flake over heavier cover which just hangs off the branches, like in a postcard. Following roughly twenty minutes of moving snow, I did a short series of yoga poses in the darkened living room then went about the business of getting ready for the work day."Poor dead flower? when did you forget you were a
flower? when did you look at your skin and
decide you were an impotent dirty old locomotive?
the ghost of a locomotive? the specter and
shade of a once powerful mad American locomotive?
You were never no locomotive, Sunflower, you were a
sunflower!"~excerpted from Sunflower Sutra" by Allen Ginsberg
Driving home tonight we passed a couple of folks out running, and I am looking forward to rejoining them soon... until then I'll try to resist the evil seductive powers of that unholy duo of Baked Cheetos and Ben & Jerry's.
Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

2 comments:
just wanted to say hi. :-) I like your blog- (I have it bookmarked).
thanks for visiting and commenting... i look forward to exploring your blog, too!
take care.
Castaway @ My Runner's Feet
Post a Comment