Monday, July 21, 2008

Bicyclin' to My Boy's Game

To & From the Baseball Field: 8.5 miles each direction @ 4:15 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 78°F, 64% Humidity, Wind: N @ 11 mph; feels like 80°F.
Course: Easy... down Monroe Avenue (after dropping some DVDs at the library) until hitting the Erie Canal path at Schoen Place... and back, of course!

Jack's All-Star little league team had to complete a game which had been previously halted after just two innings this evening in the suburb of Pittsford. Having felt a little guilty about my lack of bicycling over the last few days, I decided to pedal my way to the game. Although the weather appears threatening (we've had "on-and-off" showers of late), there didn't appear to be anything my packable raincoat couldn't handle!

Last year, Jack and I took a trip to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. We camped outside of town and drove in for a day (our second in four years) of walking the hallowed halls of baseball history. I love watching my son play the game and even more I love when I catch him supporting his teammates and cheering them on, even when I know he wishes he could be out on the field for every pitch.

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: