Thursday, July 10, 2008

Run: 5.9 miles in :41:01 min. @ 6:20 a.m.

Weather: Partly Cloudy, 58°F, 82% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 7 mph; feels like 58°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 6 miles
Average Mile Page: 7:03 min./mi.
Course: University Harvard from USATF Map It!

When colleagues at work discover that I run during my free time, they'll often ask, "How can you do that all the time?" Usually, I'll respond by telling them how relaxing and enjoyable the time can be, or how forward I look to getting out on the streets. This is not always the case , and this morning was a prime example of a day on which I had little desire to get up and out of the house. But, discipline requires that occasionally we force ourselves to do the things that we don't necessarily want to simply because they are required of us.

So, with that in mind, I did get out and (as is often the case) found myself enjoying the cooler temperatures and sunny(-ish) skies during my pre-wrok, early morning run...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: