Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Testing, Testing, 1-2, 1-2...

Run: 4.6 miles in :33:22 min. @ 6:30 a.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 64°F, 73% Humidity, Wind: From SSW @ 8 mph; feels like 64°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 6 total miles for the day
Average Mile Page: 7:15 min./mi.
Course: Out and about our neighborhood...

Despite having too little time (I slept "in" and need to be at school soon) and a little too much "tweak" (the left side of my left foot still has a lingering ache) I needed to get out and test my body and motivation this morning. I left, not with the intention of putting in the almost ten miles I now "owe" myself for this weeks training plan goals, but rather to simply hit the roads for a couple of miles to further evaluate where I'm at.

Following my quick thirty-minute or so jaunt, I felt pretty well though still experiencing some slight pain. My immediate thought is to try and dig out one of the many ankle braces (cloth and neoprene) I've used in the past on different occasions. Slipping one one in the short term, as well as avoiding too much mileage too quickly, should allow me to continue some training without too much risk of creating a concern or exacerbating any "tweak."

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: