Monday, July 21, 2008

The Training Week That Was 7/14-20

A very sporadic week of training.I decided to take the first two days of the week as "rest days," due to my having run the Utica Boilermaker on the previous Sunday, as well as, the ganglia on my left foot. With any luck, I will further deal with the ganglia (and Morton's Toe) on Tuesday as I have scheduled a podiatrist's appointment. The week concluded with my participation in the Jungle Jog 5k... it appears as though I am back into the swing of things (or at least that I feel like investing money to register for races... er... continue to my running community)!

Here's what took place:
Legend: R = Running, ri = recovery interval, ez = easy, mt = mid-tempo, wu = warm-up, cd = cool down, ez = easy, B = Bicycling

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: R 4.6 miles
Thursday: R 6.4
Friday: R 6 miles
Saturday: R 10.3 miles
Sunday: R 4.5 miles

TOTAL (Run)--31.8 miles (-2.1 miles from the previous week)
TOTAL (Bicycle)--0! miles (-46.3 miles from the previous week)
Quite a bit less bicycling miles this week... in fact, none at all! Due to a bunch of different things going on, including my son's baseball games and other activities, the opportunities just did not present themselves. A poor excuse, to be sure, but I am definitely planning on getting a little more with the bicycling program this coming week.

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: