Thursday, August 28, 2008

Eight the Hard(-ish) Way

Week 3 Key Run 2
Planned Workout: 8 miles @ MP
Actual Run: 8 miles in :58:36 min. @ 6:40 a.m.
Weather: Cloudy, 64°F, 68% Humidity, Wind: From SE @ 5 mph; feels like 64°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:20 min./mi.
Course: Scotty's Eastside 8-Miler, found using USATF Map It!


A second run this week at marathon pace(mp) and for the second time I went too fast, running at a pace ten seconds faster than the intended 7:30 min/mi. To be fair, I felt horrible during the run, my legs have still not become acclimated to me new training shoes and I regrettably opted not to wear a hat or bandanna, so I spent too much time removing my glasses mid-run to wipe away the sweat. On a more positive note, I did manage to increase my pace (despite not wanting to) and my recovery was very quick, which tells me that I can go even faster (or harder) if I continue to put my mind to it.

The fact that I have not officially committed to a longer (half, full or ultra) run this fall has my commitment wavering, so I do need to make some choice, one way or another, regarding what (if any) races I am going to register for... soon!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: