Monday, September 22, 2008

Groove Thang

Run: 8.2 miles in 1:00:19 min. @ 4:05 p.m.
Weather: Fair, 64°F, 58% Humidity, Wind: From NNE @ 11 mph; feels like 46°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:24 min./mi.
Course: 6 Mile Rt Clover found on USATF Map It!


Saturday, Anne and I stopped and purchased a new pair of running shoes in hopes of finding something that will re-invigorate my training. Some of my colleagues had suggested I go get re-fitted, but I had a sense as to what would cure what ailed me (based on previous fitting and recommendation)... returning to the previous pair of shoes that I really enjoyed, the NIKE Air Pegasus from the Bowerman line of shoes.

Normally today (Monday) would be an "off day," for me, but tomorrow all three kids will be in cross-country meets, so the likelihood of my finding my way home with enough time to spend time with my wife, eat, iron clothes and train is limited... so I'll head out for a quick run today!

Slowly the pieces are coming together (I hope) that will quickly allow me to get back into my training groove with only a slight "blip" in the system to show for it...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: