Thursday, September 18, 2008

Conquering My World

Run: 5.2 miles in :39:08 min. @ 8:05 p.m.
Weather: Fair, 57°F, 58% Humidity, Wind: From NE @ 8 mph; feels like 57°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:38 min./mi.
Course: Kaz2way 5 the Easy Way made using USATF Map It!
“He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself.”~ from It Conquered the World (1956)
It seems only right that I should make me inglorious return to running under the shroud of both unnecessary melodrama and the night! Here I am only four-ish days removed and with a golf-ball sized ganglia on my left ankle, tearing off (just a little slower) into the night for an attempt at running... I should still be in "marathon shape" and won't let the perfect storm of bad elements (heat, humidity, footwear) stop me from getting staying on track!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: