Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Not-So-Easy Procastination-Driven "Shorty"

Run: 5.2 miles in :38:32 min. @ 3:15 3:40 4:30 (Finally!) p.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 62°F, 62% Humidity, Wind: From NE @ 5 mph; feels like 62°F.
Pace: 7:27 min/mile
Course: A short loop around the 'hood: Harvard to Meigs to Park to Alexander to University to Probert to East to Culver to Milburn to Berkeley (5.19).


Only four miles scheduled for this afternoon, and with neither track practice or meetings to concern myself with, it appears as though I may actually be able to (hopefully) follow the training plan a little closer to letter this week.

Of course, after actually coming home from work and thinking about running it is very likely the last possible thing I would like to do... unfortunately given I have a l-o-n-g race coming up in a month I have little choice. Sometimes it takes all my motivation to generate enough post-workday energy to drag my sorry carcass to the road for a run--even a relatively short one like that planned for today.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: