Monday, June 22, 2009

The Training Week That Was... 6/15-6/21

This year's "end of school year graffiti teacher tribute," a time honored public school tradition!

Following this week's training, I begin tapering for the 50k Finger Lakes Fifties on July 4. Much like the recently concluded school year (for student the last formal day of classes was last Monday, for staff, including moi, we have other duties through this Friday), it is difficult to believe that the training period leading up to this run is winding down.

As previously mentioned, I feel very strong (and well prepared) for the rigors of the 50k, and comfortable in knowing that physically I have trained in a satisfactory manner which has given given me the conditioning to finish. Now, of course, comes the real work: preparing mentally and simply doing the deed!

Here is what took place this past week with my training:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 5.8 miles @ 7:27 min/mile pace
Wednesday: 5 miles @ 7:23 min/mile pace
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 5 miles @ 7:28 min/mile pace
Saturday: 18.1 miles @ 8:25 min/mile pace
Sunday: 15 miles @ 8:20 min/mile pace

TOTAL MILEAGE: R 48.9 miles (+4.1 miles from the previous week)
Weigh-In*: 185.0 lbs. (No change.) [* @ 5:30 a.m. on 6/22/09]
My weight continues to "maintain" though I will not be shocked, or worried about any blip up in the near future as my mileage decreases for the two weeks leading up to the race. Here comes the pun: knowing it's likely, will make it easier to take in "stride." UHG!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: