Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"I'm Ready!"

Many of my city running routes take me by Starry Nites Cafe located at the corner of University Avenue and Atlantic Avenue in the Arts District.

Run: 4.8 miles in :33:02 min. @ 7:30 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 60°F, 82% Humidity, Wind: SSW @ 7 mph; feels like 60°F.
Pace: 6:54 min/mile
Course: A short loop through the Arts District, into downtown and back down the Park Avenue Area.

I've finally arrived at my final training run before starting the 50k at 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Psychologically it's hard not to "see" these past few days as somehow detrimental to my fitness, but the reality is, I am storing up energy and "breathe" for the all out exertion that will be necessary if I am to complete a 31 mile trail run.

Following this mornings run, during which the weather was PERFECT and I felt GREAT, I declared to my wife (as she was getting prepared for a day of work), "I'm ready to rock!"

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: