Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Adventures in Whole Foods Cooking: Recipe 3


I m so pleased that this dish offers a little more color variety...
how many green whole foods dishes can one make/eat?

Only a few more days until Anne and I hit the road for a short respite in the Adirondacks, so I decided to prepare something from the The Whole Foods Market® Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes for dinner this evening. In the interest of mixing it up, and having gone the chicken and pasta routes already, I chose to attempt the Spring Couscous with Asparagus and Orange for our meal this evening.

I once again went to the market (now a daily trip it seems) for some fresh ingredients (scallions, red bell pepper, asparagus) and it occurred to me that it is much more expensive to eat in a healthy manner than it is to eat in an expedient one. Another $20 dollars alter (I also needed orange juice, some spices and couscous) and I was ready to head home and begin preparations. With my wife at work I like to try to get things as close to "done"as possible so as to surprise her when she gets home--a "trick" which is getting harder and harder to accomplish!


A few new igrediants including Mandarin orange slices... I'm curious as to how this will taste as I've never been a fan of "mixed" dishes--you know, fruits with "hot dishes" and such.


Sauteing might just be my new favorite way to prepare food!


Wallah... all done and ready to eat!

This one turned out to be fairly successful though I have some challenges selecting the appropriately sized bowl for certain ingredients and feel like I'm generating wa-a-a-y more dishes to wash then necessary. I am, however, definitely learning new things with each attempt. Only 348 347 more recipes left to attempt!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: