Monday, August 03, 2009

Adventures in Whole Foods Cooking: Recipe 2


A quick trip to the supermarket left me with more than enough ingredients to make the Toscana Marinade... with plenty left over for at least five other dishes!

Following last week's successful preparation of Spelt Penne with Peas and Walnuts from a recipe in the "Pasta and Other Warming Starches" section of The Whole Foods Market® Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes, I thought I'd try something different this evening. This time a gave a "Main Attraction" a try, selecting the Chicken Toscana with White Beans.

With ingredients including fresh oregano, tarragon, parsley and basil, a necessity for preparing the Toscana Marinade, I quick trip to the market was in order first. Fortunately, unlike last week, there were no exotic ingredients that might be too challenging to find at the grocer's, so it was a relatively easy effort getting the materials together. (Once again our garden contributed something to the mix, this time basil for the marinade.)


After cubing the chicken breast and preparing the marinade with blender (!), I mixed it together in a bowl and refrigerated for a few hours prior to preparing the balance if ingredients and the remainder of the recipe for dinner.


Did you ever notice that sometimes things don't look so "pretty" while in the midst of being prepared?


But, once plated and placed on a yummy whole grain roll with a side salad and freshly diced tomato, it's "all good!"?

The final result (pictured above), was very well received by my wife, who was unfortunately the only taste tester home this evening. She even said she preferred to to the meal I prepared previously. I must confess to being excited and proud to have actually made two recipes from a cookbook I'd purchased... a new personal best!

Now, only 349 348 more recipes to go!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: