Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Boy's X-C Dual Meet

... and there off! For the second meet in a row, Varsity Boys ran the last race of the day, beginning at about 5:30 p.m.

My son's high school cross-country team's second-to-last meet was Tuesday afternoon, and it was their first to feature what I would deem "traditional, old school x-c weather," which is to say it was old, windy... perfect! It was another dual meet, a term which means that anywhere from three to four teams are completing simultaneously, and the 5k-ish route was his school's home course at Center Park in Fairport, NY.

After five (or so meets) it can be a challenge to find a shot that hasn't been taken... in an effort to just that I wandered the course before hand looking for vantage points such as the one above.!

The traditional "coming out of the woods" shot at about the 2.5 mile point... still looking strong!


I like the fact that in this picture he is in focus (and working HARD) while the competition is just a little out of focus.

Though I have no idea about his time (I gave up trying to accurately time his races, preferring to defer to whatever the official time he receives at some given point is), but he felt great immediately following. I was very proud of his efforts and can hardly believe that the season is drawing to a close.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: