Sunday, August 15, 2010

Run: 12.2 miles in 1:43.55 min. @ 6:30 a.m.

Weather: Cloudy, 70°F, 73% Humidity, Wind: From S @ 7 mph; feels like 70°F.
Course: Roch Half Marathon Training Route 2 from USATF Map It!
Pace: 8:31 min/mile
Effort: 4 out of 5
How did I feel? Alright.
Gear: Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner


Don't let the calm face emoticon fool you--though I did not go as far as I had originally intended, my hamstring held up well, (thanks in no small part to some additional stretching, Bengay and an adjusted pace/gate that shortened my stride which in turn necessitated an increased turnover), and I was pleased with the overall workout.

Once again, my breathing was strong--this morning my focus wavered slightly causing an abbreviation of the route. Next time, two changes: 1) more of a "meal" prior to running (I neglected to have any of my ole' standby, oatmeal, in advance!), and 2) a better job dressing appropriately--this morning I was fooled into thinking it was cooler out than it was and I felt being overdressed caused me to get worn out more quickly than normal.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: