Saturday, September 11, 2010

Run: 5.7 miles in ≈:40 min. @ 7:00 a.m.

Weather: Clear, 47°F, 93% Humidity, Winds: From SW @ 5 mph; feels like 45°F.
Course: A loop around my neighborhood.
Pace: ≈7:01 min/mile
Effort: 4 out of 5
How did I feel? Great!


Twenty-four hours before a half-marathon is not the best time to go for a training run, but how about a training shuffle?

As I feared may be the case, with the start of school (coupled with my trip to Colorado), training time has been at a premium. While I successfully woke up early one day (which means getting up at 4:00 a.m., so that I could be at school at 6:15 a.m.) my motivation to run after work has been nil. I did, however, feel great this morning in my final tune-up for tomorrow's half-marathon run...

After tomorrow's "race," I will need to adapt my training so that I can (hopefully) continue prepping for the next challenge.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: