Thursday, September 08, 2011

Run: 1.8 miles in :15.05 min. @ 4:10 a.m.

Weather: Cloudy, 63°F, 89% Humidity, Wind: ESE @ 9 mph; feels like 63°F.
Route: A short loop intentionally including a section of the Rochester 1/2 Marathon course.
Pace: 8:22 min/mile
Effort: 3 of 5
How did I feel? Blah/Sick.


It's 3:45 a.m. and classes start today at the school where I teach and (later in the day) coach. I'll need to leave my home this morning at 5:40 a.m. to take my son to his mother's for his own second day of classes before heading the opposite direction to get to school an hour before students arrive--not out of some "contractual obligation," but part of the structured regiment of my daily practice that I like to do (a choice I make). I have missed my last two days of "training" for a myriad of reasons, the most significant being my desire upon returning home after cross-country practice each of the last two evenings at 5:15 p.m. to simply relax. These are the challenges that many people face in fitting distance training into a busy work-family-coaching schedule and I am still (after 5+ years) trying to fit my own running into my school year schedule successfully.

One additional wrinkle I should have been able to predict, but failed to anticipate, was that about a mile into my run this morning, my stomach became upset (I should have known this as I had some cereal with milk last night--something which has had an increasingly negative impact on my digestive system), so I needed to turn back pronto.... fortunately I did make it home,but by the time I could have gone back out it was too late to do so--it looks like I may try to piece together more miles tonight, but I am not confident of that happening.

On a positive note, when I did run, I felt great and saw a bunny :)

Be here now!

No comments: