Saturday, September 17, 2011

Run: 2 miles @ 10:00 a.m.

Weather: Mostly Cloudy  50°F, 94% Humidity, Wind: SW @ 4 mph; feels like 50°F.
Route: Center Park in Fairport.


Yesterday after work I picked up my race packet (and swag bag) for Sunday's Rochester Half Marathon. As usual, I felt awkward among the athletic looking and tan crowd that was also picking up their things for that race (in addition to the full and relay marathons). I have done a pretty solid job these last few days detoxing of bad foods and eating (mostly) energy foods. Likely a psychosomatic issue, my knees have been particularly achy, but I am confident when Sunday rolls around, I'll be fine.

This morning's "run" with the team was more of a reassuring effort than anything, the distance and rigor not being a concern (though I did picl up[ the pace at points), but just having the opportunity to get out and about in advance of tomorrow. Once again, the weather was perfect and I'm hoping for more of the same (cool, cloudy and calm winds) tomorrow.
 
Be here now!

No comments: