Friday, March 22, 2013

Roadie: NYC Track Meet!

Hitting the Big Apple! (March 9, 2013)
Though it has been more than a few week's since my son, I and other local track and field student-athletes travelled to New York City for the New Balance Indoor Nationals, I am just now getting around to posting some pictures.

The Armory facility in New York City (March 9, 2013).


My son, Jack, getting ready to run (March 9, 2013).
The day following the meet, and after having checked out of our hotel in Paramus, New Jersey. We were let loose for a few hours in the Big Apple. Of course, we spent most of the time walking in and around Times Square, stopping my the usual site seeing locations.

The New York Public Library (March 9, 2013).

Rockefeller Center outside "30 Rock" (March 9, 2013).


My son, Jack, in the Big Apple for the first time (March 9, 2013).
It was my son's first trip to New York City, and only my second, and fortunately we had a coach from another team who was willing to guide us past some points of interest. After two days of snow, the weather was remarkably pleasant and the city was beautiful as the sun set and the bright lights of Broadway came up.

Walking pictures (March 9, 2013).
Times Square (March 9), 2013.
Radio City Music Hall (March 9, 2013).

No comments: