Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chippies

(6/02/13)
While there were no wild turkeys wandering the backyard at my mother's last week, I did come across a chipmunk shading himself on the bench down by the creek. Though I am more accustomed to keeping an eye out for interesting avian visitors, it can be somewhat relaxing to watch smaller animals such as chipmunks and rabbits go about their business when they are unaware someone is watching. Given the wildness, unkempt nature of her backyard, my mother is very used to seeing them scurrying about. In passing conversation, my mother will refer to them as "chippies," a nickname that sounds appropriately cute. Like any well-populated neighborhood, is almost always something worth taking note of, even if it is isn't what one set out to find.

No comments: