Saturday, September 24, 2005

3.8 miles in :29.59 min @ 6:30 a.m.

It has been one week since I ran my first marathon and having signed up to run(what I hope will be) a lightly paced 5k with my fourteen year old daughter planned for tomorrow morning, I figured that it was time as any to get back on the road. Waking up at 6:00 a.m. I was pleased to be greeted by cool, fall-like conditions (48 degree Fahrenheit at 6:30 a.m., fair and dry conditions).

I wore a long sleeved wicking shirt with a t-shirt over it, running tights and a pair of sweatpants cut down to shorts. I even pulled out my old knit winter-training hat (Columbia brand, natch) and was on my way after first stretching for about twenty minutes. Before starting, I set a goal of about 3 miles and a pace of between a :07:30-:08:00 minute pace.

UGH! Although I felt pretty good after warming up, I definately think its going to be a while before I up my mileage to signifcantly.

No comments: