Tuesday, September 20, 2005
How Soon Is Now?: The Next Run
Although it is probably too soon to race again this weekend, I have signed up for our local the Bruegger's Bagel 5k for Sunday. The main reason that I'm doing this particular race is that my daughter expressed an interest in trying a road race and this one fits the bill. I will not be racing for a time, but to support her in her first race. She is 14 years old and has been primarily a basketball player, but last spring ran outdoor track at her middel school vowing never to run more than a 400 meter. Tall, lean and tough, I hope she enjoys the race and takes it for what it is... an opporunity to join a growing community of recreational runners who occassionally like to compete in the loosest sense of the term. Having yet to run since last Sunday's marathon, this will be a good way to get me back on the road for an easy going 3.1 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment