The website includes a description of each part of the course:
Bike Course Description: This 10 mile all road bike course goes through the rolling hills of the picturesque countryside of Mendon. The bike course starts out of transition in the Beach Lot of Mendon Ponds Park. Riders exit the park via Canfield Rd onto Mendon Center Rd towards 251. Taking a right onto Clover Rd and heading back into the backside of the park near the Nature Center via Pond Rd and entering back into the Beach Lot. Road, Tri, Mountain and Hybrid bikes all welcome. Helmets are a must.
Run Course Description: Due to the nature of the run being on trails we do not have a picture. The run starts by the baseball backstop in the field between the Beach Lot and Stewart Lodge. The run heads through the grass towards the entry way towards the Boat Launch. Running up the boat launch then meandering through the trails on the Southside of the park before heading back towards transition again. There’s some single track, grass, woodchip and pine trails. The course has its challenges but is a great entry into trail running with wonderful views of the beautiful Mendon Ponds Park.
The Duathlon is next Sunday (7 days from today) and while cutting the lawn, I realized that I hadn't checked my bike lately. Boy, am I glad I did. Although I used to ride my bicycle to work frequently, and kept up with its maintainence, I now work in a school district which is too far away from home to do so. As a result, after a quick inspection, I realized that my old friend needs a tune-up, new tires, as well as a replacement mirror.
Fortunately for us (the bike and I), the mid-summer rush at the local bike shop has died down and the turnaround for the work is only a few days. My hope is that if I get the bike back Tuesday night, I'll still have Wedensday through Saturday to train on it for the race Sunday.
Wish me luck! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment