Friday, October 07, 2005

5.3 miles in :40.12 min @ 5:00 a.m.

Waking up this morning, I knew that I had to begin somewhere. If I was going to get back into the swing of things, there would be no better time than NOW to get dressed, pull on my shoes and go for a light run. Sitting at the kitchen table clipping my toenails, something of a good omen was spotted. I lost another toenail. More importantly, this time I was not freaked out by it. (I have a truly wierd aversion to all things related to toenails... eeewwwwuuu! It's a long story and I'm sure I'll eventually need to share it, just not today.) I guess I'm now an official recreational runner!

After stretching with Gracie (our families almost two-year-old English Springer Spaniel) I bid her adieu and left out the back door under cover of the very early morning.

Weather: Mostly cloudy, 60 degrees F, 88% humidity,fresh rain ont he ground from what appears to have been a brief overnight sprinkle... heavy rains expected later today!

I felt very heavy, but content to be back on the road. It was a start... and I am looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow.

La vie est une course d'entrailles !

No comments: