Sunday, October 09, 2005

Bicycling: 10.9 miles in :47.55 min @ 8:30 a.m.

So my first attempt at true "duathlon-esque" cross training begins, and the greatest learning I've taken thus far from it is that the use of equipment necessitates the use of more equipment and gear...

Weather Report: 43° F, 87% humidity, winds N at 13 mph

While my bicycle ran well, I froze my fanny off. I had attempted to wear a knit cap under my helmet, but it would not fit comfortable so I (poor modeling, I know) had to opt for only the cap as I knew it would be even colder once I was in motion. It appears as though I need to mix in one of those skull cappy type things to war under my helmet. Of course, if the weather continues to degenerate as quickly asit has been, I might be better off getting sized for snowshoes (hey, now there is an idea worth noting!).

It was a very different vibe riding on city streets with traffic, when while running you run against traffic, giving one a better view of cars, trucks, (in my mind) everything. Thanks goodness I had a new rearview mirror installed in my left handle bar during the bikes tune-up.

La vie est une course d'entrailles!

No comments: