I picked up the race packet (consisting of only a t-shirt and my number) this afternoon during a lunch break. Small talking with the lady at the store, I asked if this was indeed a "low key race, as advertised?" She assured me it was. So, I guess I'm ready for my first duathlon, during which I fully expect to be the biggest newbie on the course. I'm excited but nervous and as of last evening I have a cold to boot. My wife and I went out for a carb-load dinner and on our walk back to the car we picke dup some cold pills (non-drowsy, please). So I've been drinking o.j. taking som pharmacuticals and wathcing a rerun of Surface all in an effort to drag myself out of bed and reay to run-bike-run-bike-run. Barring a complete health collapse I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how things turn out...
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Down Dis Code!
I picked up the race packet (consisting of only a t-shirt and my number) this afternoon during a lunch break. Small talking with the lady at the store, I asked if this was indeed a "low key race, as advertised?" She assured me it was. So, I guess I'm ready for my first duathlon, during which I fully expect to be the biggest newbie on the course. I'm excited but nervous and as of last evening I have a cold to boot. My wife and I went out for a carb-load dinner and on our walk back to the car we picke dup some cold pills (non-drowsy, please). So I've been drinking o.j. taking som pharmacuticals and wathcing a rerun of Surface all in an effort to drag myself out of bed and reay to run-bike-run-bike-run. Barring a complete health collapse I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how things turn out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment