Fear not, dear reader, this post is not another culinary report from the local BBQ joint, but rather an admission. I am having a very hard time getting motivated to train for the duathlon this coming Sunday. Much like the days leading up to the marathon, I have been unable to work time into my schedule to train, and worse yet, I have taken to filling my moments with "comfort foods." (Mmmmmmmmm, more garbanzo beans and pasta, please!)
When I picked up my bicycle at the shop yesterday following its tune-up, new tires and mirror, I was momentarily motivated to ride, and very much enjoyed the short trip home. But since then I have been to busy with school stuff; my own college work, and correcting the 100 or so essays my middle school students have recently drafted.
I'm hoping that as Friday turns into Satruday and I pick up my race packet, maybe I'll run and ride a little Saturday in anticipation of Sunday's duathlon. Here's to hoping...
No comments:
Post a Comment