Weather: Partly Cloudy, 25°F, 53% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 12 mph; feels like 14°F.Pace: 7:37 min./per mile
Course: Canterbury Road until taking a right onto Culver Road, which is followed past Cobbs Hill to Monroe Avenue. Follow Highland Avenue to Winton Road and take a left leading to East Avenue. Take another left, past Wegman's and West to Culver Road, right at Park Avenue, a quick left at Brunswick Street, another right onto Milburn Street and, finally, a left down Berkeley Street to Canterbury.
The past two days of Parent-Teacher Conferences at school having left me a little tired and off of my game, I swapped yesterday's miles with Friday's "recovery day" in an effort to rest. Now, Friday morning, at the beginning of a day off from school--but one full with house and car appointments--I am finding myself unmotivated to earn those few miles I "owe."
This past week has been a challenging one, as illustrated by the monstrous effect both my sweet tooth and anxiety have exhibited themselves in my eating habits. I began the week thinking about the possibility of keeping a diet log to gauge my caloric intake, but five days later, I'm extremely glad I hadn't done so (yet), as the entries from the past few days would be too discouraging to be meaningful.
Much like a bear preparing for the deep winter months, I have been packing the food in and weight on--and much of it not food of the healthy nature.
So despite a myriad of complaints and concerns, I'm slipping into my tights and lacing my shoes to slip into the dark early morning...
Tomorrow: The 2007 Arthritis Foundation's Jingle Bell 5k Run/Walk
Embrassez votre été invincible!
No comments:
Post a Comment