Pace: 8:16 min./per mileWeather: Cloudy, 30°F, 56% Humidity, Wind: From NW @ 10 mph; feels like 21°F
Course: A 10k-ish loop around the eastern part of Rochester, New York
A rare early morning run due primarily to the fact that this afternoon and evening I need to be at school for Parent-Teacher Conferences. There will be no students in the building tomorrow, as my team and I will be holding more conferences, and given similar circumstances, I may go for an early (albeit slightly shorter) run tomorrow, too.
I continue enjoying the opportunity to run earlier in the morning, though the first half mile or so can be a little troublesome, a situation which could probably be helped if I would only take it upon myself to be more disciplined in my pre-run stretching routine. Today the air was particularly crisp and cool, which in turn reminded me of being on the high school cross-country team.
Not to sound like an old-man, but "back when I was in school" it seemed as though the days were colder (certainly my own kids cross-country meets this year had, maybe, one "race" that was held in what I would call "cross-country conditions"). I always thought of the cool weather as my ally because then, as now, it would often help to alleviate (or at least draw my attention from) any aches and pains I may have been experiencing.
Today's slightly slower pace wasn't necessarily intentional, but I went out slow in an effort to warm-up up a hinchy left ankle, and after picking up the pace, I zoned out briefly around mile four... This is illustrative of one reason I tend to avoid running prior to work is that I invariably get (mentally) "stuck" on issues or concerns which need to be addressed at school so am pulled from my run. In the end though, I was happy for the final result, and not having to worry how I would motivate myself to get out after four hours of conferencing!
Embrassez votre été invincible!
No comments:
Post a Comment