Friday, November 30, 2007

The Sweet Tooth Strikes Again!

”My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate. That's my philosophy.”~Thornton Wilder
Once again The Sweet Tooth has gotten the better of me. Despite posting recently about my desire to regain a stronger sense of self-discipline around what I eat, having just left a dinner table at which I had chocolate cake and a healthy serving(s) of ice cream… I’m not “there" yet.

I can’t be too hard on myself, though, as I realize that it is important to occasionally step back from one’s training and take a break. My recent break has not been one about fewer miles, but about more calories. So, okay, I’ve been lax these last few weeks, but I have begun building mileage again (following my 50k three weeks ago), so all is definitely (and defiantly) not lost…

My only regret, of sorts, is that I continue to hope to one day break nineteen minutes at the 5k distance and the run I have registered for tomorrow is on a course which has been very favorable for me in the past. In previous runs there I have come as close at :19:12, not too far off my goal. My concern is that my poor habits have doomed me to a less than spectacular performance tomorrow, of having wasted my opportunity.

But, fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how I look at it), this race and course will come around again if things don't go as well as I would like tomorrow, as will The Sweet Tooth... who is always lurking... M-M-M-M-M-MMMmm!

Embrassez votre été invincible!

NOTE: The clever illustration above is by Brandon Reese, an artist whose work is refreshing and worth checking out!.

1 comment:

Wally Banners said...

Glad you take of your teeth. Mine were pulled out via Muslim torture in Beruit years ago lol np I ended pulling out their hearts out when I caught them. i have now implants and you have no idea what pain is until the winter time and they contract. like your blog you got my battle of the blogs vote :)