It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted a weekly recap of training, primarily because I have continued to recover from my ultra run two weeks ago. With the Winter series of road races on the horizon, and some potential race goals beginning to take form for early Spring, now is as good a time as any to begin keeping track of miles and methods.

One change I have instituted in my running actually had its beginnings during the previously mentioned ultra. Over the past two years, I have experienced (like most recreational runners) a number of minor aches and pains. In an effort to limit the discomfort these have created, I found myself falling into a ritual application of a number of polyurethane wraps (
as in the pic to the right) and straps prior to
every run. This can be a time consuming (relatively speaking) activity, the final result being my appearing to be some sort of robotic runner out on the roads. I think I had psychologically convinced myself of the necessity of these “supports,” but over the last few weeks, starting with the removal of patella straps at the ultra, I have begun removing them until this past Saturday I ran “strap free.” While I am under no illusion that I will never feel it necessary to provide additional support, and I still experience some minor aches, I feel pretty good about the move thus far.
In the recap below those miles I was schedule to run appear in parentheses. AS previously mentioned, I did not meet the total mileage goal I had been scheduled to run this week was of
23 miles opting instead to begin a taper:
Legend: R = Running, B = Stationary Bicycling. I've also noted increases (+x) or decreases (-x) from the previous week)
Monday: (0) Scheduled Recovery Day
Tuesday: (2) R 1.6 miles + B 15 min.
Wednesday: (4) R 0 miles + B 20 min.
Thursday: (5) R 4.5 miles (including Webster Turkey Trot)
Friday: (0) R 7.9 miles
Saturday: (2) R 3.3 miles
Sunday: (10) R 8.8 miles
TOTALS--R 26.1 miles, B 35 min.
Weigh-In*: 183 lbs. [* took place at 5:00 a.m. on 11/26]
Embrassez votre été invincible!
No comments:
Post a Comment