Monday, July 07, 2008

Bicycling To and From Class... In Extreme Heat!

To & From Class: 5 miles each direction @ 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 87°F, 53% Humidity, Wind: SW @ 7 mph; feels like 87°F.
Course: Bike 2 Class made using USATF Map It!

While it is probably too hot and humid to bicycle to coaching class this evening, I'm feeling a little guilty about both my diet and the limited prospects for cycling later this week, so I saddle up and head out.

Now that my current summer reading choice has me shifting away from the "tree-hugging" bent towards the more literary (hello, Lord of the Flies), I am trying to keep a sustainable perspective and not lose any impetus gained from last week's reading of Farewell, My Subaru... I find that if my actions (in this case, the more challenging cycling rather than easier--and more inconsiderate--automobile driving) reflect this deeper desire to be conscientious, other more postive behaviors (local diet) are more apt to follow... and away I go!

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: