Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Movin' On

Run: 5 miles in :36:49 min. @ 5:35 a.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 71°F, 82% Humidity, Wind: From SW @ 8 mph; feels like 71°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 4 miles
Average Mile Page: 7:27 min./mi.
Course: Out and about!
"Every day you'll see the dust (Too much, the Magic Bus)
As I drive my baby in my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)"~ The Who
The next phase of summer training began this morning with my waking up very early in order to run prior to getting ready for work at summer school. While it might appear easier to simply find the time to train in between my daytime teaching and evening coaching course work, given the heat and humidity forecast for today, coupled with the understanding that I know I will require a nap during this middle time, few realistic options remain available. In the spirit of "showing what I can do rather than complaining about what I can't," taking on an early morning running plan, at least a few times weekly, makes the most sense.

In other sort-of-related news, I have signed up for a bus to get to this Sunday's Utica Boilermaker. The past three times I have run the race, I have taken two different approaches to getting to the largest 15k in the United States: 1) drive myself ridiculously early in the morning to earn a parking spot, or 2) spend the night before in a flea bag hotel. While both of those options are not entirely undesirable, this year I have decide to join my fellow GRTC members on the "party bus" to Utica. This primary difference in taking this transport option is that I'll have to stay for the after race party rather than sneak out of Dodge immediately after crossing the finish.

The only thing I'm sure of is that though the bus will not be driving both my "baby" will not and I, it should prove more cost effective and energy efficient... and, ultimately, easier than driving all that way myself.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: