Friday, July 11, 2008

Cycling to Summer School


While driving along the inner loop near the Genessee River in downtown Rochester, I was very happy to notice this heron sitting among the refuse, weeds and brownish water just taking it all in. Seeing this lanky fellow made the entire ride worthwhile.

To Class: 25.3 miles in 1:40:00 min. @ 7:30 a.m. + 12:30 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, 65°F, 44% Humidity, Wind: SSW @ 8 mph; feels like 65°F.
Course: Two slight variations of the Bike 2 Summer School Too route, (11.8 miles going out and 13.5 back home via the Erie Canal Path).

Kind of a cool, rainy morning, so against my better judgement (it is after all a training plan scheduled "Rest Day") I decided to pedal to my job at a West-side suburban summer school program. I drove my automobile home on the intended route yesterday, and I'm told by a reliable source that some of the neighborhoods through which I'll be bicycling are "questionable" (to say the least). The ride out was really not too terrible going out, but I decoded nonetheless to take the slightly longer way around via the Erie Canal. Rain showers punctuated both rides, but it was refreshing especially given the humidity (which grew as minutes passed).

I took quite a few pictures of sites (including the heron pic above):




Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: