Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fourth of July Mini-Roadie!


Run: 12 miles in 1:29:35 min. @ 6:50 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 57°F, 90% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 3 mph; feels like 57°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 6 miles
Average Mile Page: 7:30 min./mi.
Course: From Hickory Hills: right onto County Road 13, then right onto Brundage Road, followed by a right onto Fish Hatchery Road, which turns into Old Hammondsport Road, until taking another right onto Geneva Street (County Road 54), and finally, yet another right, onto Haverling that becomes County Road 13 further North (roughly a 6-mile loop).

Yesterday morning, Anne, Gracie and I took the short hour-and-a-half drive out to visit my in-laws at their camper located at the Hickory Hills Camping Resort in Bath, New York. As is often he case we spent much time laying about, took in a few wineries, took some long walks together and had a relaxing time.

This morning, after turning in early the previous night, I set out along the back roads of Bath, NY, to cover a six mile loop I had previously mapped out. Feeling so well, after one loop, I actually worked in a second... which will allow me to shorten the distance I had intended to cover on Sunday.

On our way out of town, I snapped a few pictures of some of the site I observed while running this morning (including the one at the top of this post):




Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: