Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Morningtime

Run: 5.1 miles in :37:47 min. @ 5:30 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 65°F, 85% Humidity, Wind: From W @ 6 mph; feels like 65°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 4 miles
Average Mile Page: 7:21 min./mi.
Course: Twelve Corners-Cobb's Hill found on USATF Map It!.
"I love the sweet smell of dawn -
our unique daily opportunity to smell time,
to smell opportunity -
each morning being, a new beginning."~Emme Woodhull-Bäche
I woke up especially early this morning, which was to be expected as I had both retired to bed too early last night, after having snacked on quite a bit of dairy. With a rumbly-tumbly, I awoke at 4:00 a.m., and following fifteen minutes of rolling about in bed, resigned myself to the reality that I was hopelessly unable to fall back asleep.

As is the ritual, I went downstairs to make some coffee and begin waiting or the sun to hit the edge of the horizon, thereby allowing it to be ju-u-ust light enough out for me (my torso covered in a reflective vest) to hit the streets for an early morning run.

Such is the life of the recreational runner...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

2 comments:

RoxiticusDH said...

Whew! You've been running and posting like a madman...makes me want to lie down for a little naptime.

I've been enjoying your blog via BlogExplosion's Battle of the Blogs for a couple of weeks, and most times, including today, you've got my vote. Keep it up!

Roxy

Mister Scott said...

Thanks for noticing, for taking the time to comment... and vote! i try to keep up a consistent posting (and exercising) schedule during the summer, as when school starts, it can all unravel quickly!

Take care,

Mister Scott