Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Run Through It

Run: 8.1 miles in 1:03:04 min. @ 5:50 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 62°F, 89% Humidity, Wind: From SSW @ 5 mph; feels like 62°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 8 miles
Average Mile Page: 7:45 min./mi.
Course: Looks like Pa 8 made on USATF Map It!.

While the saying that "Some mornings are easy than others" is true of many facets in life, it can sometimes be is especially insightful when applied to even those things we enjoy, as in my case, running. Most days I look forward to hitting the pavement and almost immediately feeling some semblance of accomplishment of my simply being able to move. This morning, on the other hand, was one in which nothing came easy, and it is only now, after having finished a moderately paced training run, that I feel "okay" about it.

A couple of contributing factors: my overly (and unusually) "meaty" meal last night and some minor aches and pains, including a slight achiness below my left knee, due in all likelihood to the miles I have been adding. AS in anything one loves doing, there are always things that seem to create barriers to enjoyment, but because one loves the activity, they find it easier to look beyond the discomfort.

Occasionally, in training, as in life, you just need to run through it...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: