Saturday, July 19, 2008

Run: 10.3 miles in 1:22:50 min. @ 6:35 a.m.

Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 71°F, 75% Humidity, Wind: From SW @ 6 mph; feels like 71°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 18 miles
Average Mile Page: 8:03 min./mi.
Course: A severely abbreviated version of Summer's 17 miles.

This morning I find myself feeling a little embarrassed. I wimped out during my training run this morning. Though I physically could have continued on, I let my doubts about the heat, humidity, aches and pains get the best of me and rather than continuing on for the entire 17 miles of the course I hap planned on running, I zigged when I was supposed to zag, and took about seven miles off the distance.

Given this reduction, I have quite few miles to make up tomorrow, if I am to meet my weekly goals. Of course, if I do not, it is definitely not the end of the world, just a bump in the road I can easily get over... One good thing that did happen is that I maintained an easy eight-minute mile pace throughout. I had attempted to corral myself in such a way that I did not not increase the pace too quickly, but rather pulled the energy back into my run, the result being a consistently run LSD at slower-than-race pace.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: