Thursday, July 03, 2008

Run: 7.4 miles in :55:35 min. @ 9:20 a.m.

Weather: Cloudy w/light rain, 73°F, 59% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 10 mph; feels like 73°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 6 miles
Average Mile Page: 7:31 min./mi.
Course: Using the new Erie Canal Distances "chart" from the GRTC website: beginning at Genesee Valley Park (West) to Winton Road and back (approximately 3.7 miles each way).

After a scuttling a previously planned bicycling trip to the location that I will be teaching summer school at beginning Monday (due to weather concerns), I elected instead to go for a run along the Erie Canal This is a fairly common running/bicycling area for me, and I could conveniently stop on my way home after dropping my wife of at work for the day. Having the opportunity to drive the Prius around while Anne works, allows me to accomplish some minor chores without feeling badly about needlessly driving.

I will need to drive out to school next week, due to bringing supplies back and forth for the first few days, but I'm hoping to bicycle at least two days a week for the following three weeks. Of course, this will depend on other obligations and how my body is feeling.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: