Monday, July 07, 2008

The Training Week That Was... 6/30-7/6

The first week of Summer is "in the books" and I so far this one has all the earmarks of a successful break: lots of relaxing and accomplishing things around the house, including sticking to my current training plan. Here's what took place:
Legend: R = Running, ri = recovery interval, ez = easy, mt = mid-tempo, wu = warm-up, cd = cool down, ez = easy, B = Bicycling

Monday: Rest, B 5.5 miles
Tuesday: R 6.8 miles
Wednesday: R 4.8 miles
Thursday: R 7.4 miles, B 2.2 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: R 12 miles
Sunday: R 6.4 miles

TOTAL (Run)--37.4 miles (+12.2 miles from the previous week)
TOTAL (Bicycle)--7.7 miles (-4.3 miles from the previous week)
Finally, this week saw a sizable increase in my running mileage, though for the second consecutive week, my bicycling mileage too a hit. This coming week I will be returning to work at summer school, as well as, having class each evening, so I hope to find a way to work in both a consistent commitment to running and upping my bike miles.

Coming up on Sunday, my first "race" in nearly a month, the H-U-G-E Utica Boilermaker 15k. Last year's deadly humid race conditions, along with a lack of pre-run preparation, contributed to a poor performance by yours truly, so the goal this year is to simply improve on what went down the last time.

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: