Monday, July 28, 2008

The Training Week That Was... 7/21-27

This mileage I put in this week was the largest amount I think I have ever run in a single week without having run either a marathon or an ultra. Today, the Monday following this tremendous (for me) "output," I can feel the ache in my legs, but it is the discomfort of accomplishment rather than the agony of failure. This week, combined with the previous three, has made July my highest mileage month in recent memory by a significant amount.

Here's what took place:
Legend: R = Running, ri = recovery interval, ez = easy, mt = mid-tempo, wu = warm-up, cd = cool down, ez = easy, B = Bicycling

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: R 4.5 miles
Wednesday: R 6.4 miles
Thursday: R 8.2 miles
Friday: B 9.5 miles
Saturday: R 10 miles
Sunday: R 16.4 miles

TOTAL (Run)--45.5 miles (+13.7 miles from the previous week)
TOTAL (Bicycle)--9.5 miles (+9.5 miles from the previous week)
This coming week, beginning tomorrow, my training plan calls for a slight reduction in mileage and intensity, sort of a "rest week" of sorts. I am not registered for any road races in the next few weeks, so I am looking forward to continuing to do some good consistent training runs... all in following my current training plan.

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: