Monday, July 14, 2008

The Training Week That Was... 7/7-13

Summer training continues to hum along and, with my having finished yesterday's Boilermaker (the pic to the right is from last year's run), I have completed a run as planned (Not stopping to assist others or find directions) for the first time in quite a while). While it was great to be out with my buds in the running community, I have not been wooed (yet) to sign up for all kinds of runs and distances... yet! Here's what took place:
Legend: R = Running, ri = recovery interval, ez = easy, mt = mid-tempo, wu = warm-up, cd = cool down, ez = easy, B = Bicycling

Monday: Rest, B 10 miles
Tuesday: R 5 miles, B 11 miles
Wednesday: R 4 miles
Thursday: R 5.9
Friday: B 25.3 miles
Saturday: R 9.7 miles
Sunday: R 9.3 miles

TOTAL (Run)--33.9 miles (-3.5 miles from the previous week)
TOTAL (Bicycle)--46.3 miles (+38.6 miles from the previous week)
Quite a bit more bicycling miles this week, all of which I am thankful for. One of the great opportunities that exists with my working summer school is the chance to cycle some longer distances with a clear intent (getting to work or home), instead of just "heading out." The functionality of going from point A to point B is appealing, as well as, the feeling that I am using this alternative way of commuting in light of the gas prices and environmental impact of automobiles.

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: