Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cheyenne Running


While in Cheyenne, Wyoming these past few days, I did manage to get out onto the roads very early in the morning while everyone was still asleep. Thankfully, my sister-in-law showed me how to start the coffee pot upon our arrival so I had fuel in the tank when I set out into the big sky plains...

The "course" for all the below were the paved an unpaved roads around the general vicinity of Horse Creek Road:

Sunday, August 10 Run: 10.5 miles in 1:23:18 min. @ 6:30 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 69°F, 18% Humidity, Wind: from the W @ 10 mph, gusting up to 18 mph; feels like 71°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:57 min./mi.

Monday, August 11 Run: 9 miles in 1:15:56 min. @ 6:30 a.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 65°F, 23% Humidity, Wind: CALM; feels like 65°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:57 min./mi.

Wednesday, August 13 Run: 4.8 miles in :38:20 min. @ 6:15 a.m.
Weather: Sunny, 65°F, 27% Humidity, Wind: from the W @ 16 mph, gusting up to 21 mph; feels like 65°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:59 min./mi.


Given the change in altitude from home (about 6000 ft.) I was pretty happy with the paces I maintained. On both days, despite what the weatherman said, there was quite a cit of wind, a weather staple in Wyoming. The first day the wind was to my back going out, and on the following day it was reversed. In both cases the dryer air, made for a more comfortable run.

While running here I had many questions and while I came looking for answers,only a few were found...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: