Friday, August 08, 2008

Clearing My Head

The topographic map outside the Lamberton Conservatory in Highland Park.
When my children were younger we would come here and
they could run their fingers along the map, selecting
what parts of the park they would like to go to during each visit.

Week 6 Key Run 2.5-ish
Planned Workout:
Actual Run: 6.7 miles in :51:38 min. @ 4:30 p.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy w/Light Rain, 71°F, 61% Humidity, Wind: From WNW @ 15 mph, gusting up to 25 mph; feels like 71°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:41 min./mi.
Course: And and about... including through Highland Park two loops around the Cobbs Hill Reservoir.


It has been one of those in-the-middle, limbo type days where, despite my having waken at 4:00 a.m. this morning to take care of the dog, I don't really feel like I've woken up yet. Having taken a nap and driven on some pre-flight errands in effort to lien up, I reckon a short run is in order. Tomorrow is likely to be a sedentary one, what with the flight to Wyoming and all, so I should probably move around a little.

Clearly my training plan will require some significant adjustment this coming week, but it will be nice to hit the stone-covered roads of Cheyenne again...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: