Friday, August 08, 2008

Return to the Dog Doc

Just two days ago I posted about Gracie's successful visit to the veterinarian's. I hope I wasn't crowing too loudly, I was just glad that she was in fin shape. One thing I purposely didn't mention was that Gracie was having a little problem with urinating on the floor--it was an issue of epidemic proportions, just that on two occasions over the past few weeks we notices small puddles in the house which we determined to be puppy-pee. At the vet's earlier this week, we mentioned this to the dog doc, so she asked us to bring Gracie in today (Friday), with a full bladder, so that they could extract a sample from her; not have her "pee in a cup," but extract as in remove with a needle.... OUCH!

In order to insure that her bladder was full, and that they could take the sample, I woke up early this morning, not to run or bike, but to let Gracie out to go potty, and then offer her water. The doc says that if we keep her from going potty for four-to-five hours priro to the appointment it should be enough time.

I must confess to feeling a little guilty about, first, taking her to the doc's, and then later in the day, taking her to the kennel where she will stay while Anne and I are out of town. I am confident that the kennel is a nice place un by good people (Gracie has stayed there before without a problem), I just feel bad that the second needs to come so soon after the first... I also realize (for all you non-animal lovers, out there) that this is a bit of anthropomorphizing on my part... but, heck, it's our family dog for goodness sake!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: