Thursday, August 07, 2008

Happy Blog-iversary and A-w-a-y We GROW...

"When you are through changing, you are through."~Bruce Barton
Inspired by the blogs of others as I've been wandering the blogosphere lately (well, Roxiticus, anyway!) I guess I wanted to take a moment to 1) mention that this month is my third blog-iversary! and 2) give some thought where I and this blog go from here...

It's a weird (and oddly rewarding?) to see that I have been at this thing for three years.

This coming weekend, my wife and I will be traveling to Wyoming to visit with her brother. During this time we will have some limited access to a computer (and the 'net), and therefore I may be unable to write any posts. Last week our digital camera "died," thus "blinding" me and making posting new photos (as terrible a quality as some of them were, they were at least "fresh") of late a challenge. That being said, I am thankful for both the opportunity to get back to the basics... to journal and document training runs with pencil and paper, for capturing visuals in words rather than pixels, or maybe with a disposable camera... for what its worth I have not done either very well in a while and perhaps part of that is due to the tech which reduces the need for a personal ability to do so.

So, things are changing... and I want to thank the few of you who regularly stop by for regularly stopping by and occasionally commenting...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

3 comments:

RoxiticusDH said...

Hey, happy, happy blogiversary...I'd be pleased to raise a glass in your honor, but I think I'd better wait until time for my 4:00pm beer...

I'm a bit surprised I've only recently discovered your blog...are you new to BlogExplosion?

If you're going to replace your busted camera, I highly recommend the Canon digital SLR line...as you may have read over on my blog, I've traded up to the Canon EOS Rebel XSi after using two older Canon Digital Rebel models since January 2005.

Again, congratulations on your 3rd blogiversary milestone.

Roxy

P.S. - BOTB vote for you today.

Mister Scott said...

thanks! i actually used to play BOTB three years ago, just with a different blog (which was renamed and morphed into this one) and a different "secret name".. when i started a blog for my school using blogger, i switched to a more "real" moniker so the students wouldn't know my online name... (wow, too much info!)

as soon as I get back to work in September I'm hoping to purchase a new camera... your suggestion (and this pics on your blog) are both excellent.

cheers!

Cyberpenguin said...

Hi Mister Scott,
I'd like to second that "Happy Blogoversary!" ;-)
-C

P.S. Just thought you might like to know that you are now part of the Runner's Circle. ;-)
Cheers,
-C