Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Tuesday!


Week 3 Key Run 1
Planned Workout: 5 miles @ MP
Actual Run: 5.2 miles in :37:20 min. @ 7:00 a.m.
Weather: Fair, 50°F, 86% Humidity, Wind: From SW @ 5 mph; feels like 48°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:14 min./mi.
Course: Wednesday 5 mile loop, found using USATF Map It!


This morning's weather was perfect (low temps) for a run, and I managed to better than anticipated pace (my "MP" or marathon pace of 7:30) by about 16 seconds per mile, as well as managing to do so with only slight discomfort. I'm still not quite positive that my new training shoes are the "right ones," but as I continue to work with them, I'm hoping that the fit will become as comfortable and wearable as my previous pair.

I am thankful for the opportunity to run this morning in anticipation of a day with family, and especially my son, with whom I am going to school to set his locker up!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: