Friday, August 01, 2008

Where Do You Go When You Have Nowhere to Go?

To & From My Parents Home: 14.7 miles @ 8:00 a.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 66°F, 80% Humidity, Wind: WSW @ 7 mph; feels like 66°F.

One of the more challenging aspects for me of bicycling is that by nature I am a "commuter bicyclist," which is to say that I bike to get somewhere rather than just for exercise. I realize that folks who I see wearing cycling shorts, shirts(!), and a myriad of other paraphernalia are going somewhere, but not (I think) in the sense that they have a place to be.

As a commuter bicyclist without anything to do at 7:30 a.m. in the morning the question becomes "where do you go when you have nowhere to go?"

That being said, and with my summer school position having ended, there was no place I had to be this morning, so I came up with one on my own: I decided to bike to my parents home in suburbia and say goodbye to my brother who had been visiting from Mexico... and that's just what I did.

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: